Wednesday, December 24, 2008

christmas eve

I'm staying over at my parents' house tonight for, you know, Christmas.  I took the train because I didn't want to deal with my car getting stuck in the snow/ice again.  

Anyway, on the way from the train to their house I was looking down, minding my own business, trying to avoid the massive patches of ice infesting the sidewalks.  I was concentrating pretty hard on this ice-avoiding business when I heard knocking from somewhere.  I thought maybe it was my imagination so I ignored it for a second.  Then it got louder and more sporadic and I had to look up and around for the source of the knocking.  Turns out, it was a man knocking on his window across the street.  It was a big window, he was standing in perfect view. He was wearing a full Santa costume, and waving at me.  I stopped in my tracks, almost slipping on a patch of ice that I would have seen if I hadn't been interrupted by santa.  Of course I waved back, for a while actually.  For some reason this dude brightened my day a little bit.  I'm not a religious person at all, so ignoring that part of this situation, this guy is dressed up as Santa, standing in his window, waving at people on the sidewalk... being a good person.  At least I think that makes you a good person.  He was trying to bring some cheer to people slipping on ice and freezing their asses outside.  It definitely worked for me, hopefully some other people were lucky enough to get waved at by Santa as well.  

Tomorrow afternoon my parents and I are going to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.  We see a movie every Christmas day for some reason.  I think it's a jew thing, even though my dad isn't jewish.  My jew relatives are going to see that hitler-killing movie- Valkyrie or something.  Go figure.  I think that's hilarious. 

1 comment:

Frenchy said...

i saw benji button
was santa fat?