Wednesday, December 17, 2008

can't sleep, i wish i was a cat.

Sleeping until 3:30pm and then drinking coffee is apparently a horrible idea. I wish I would have known this about 11 hours ago. I could have speculated, but I was probably too busy being mad about my cat pissing all over my clothes this morning. Jack Bauer the Cat, most snuggly kitty ever, is also a huge asshole. He loves peeing on my stuff, whether it be my couch, my bed, or any unattended item of clothing on the floor or APPARENTLY also on my dresser. Because he loves peeing on clothes on the floor, I pile clothes on top of my dresser, thinking it's safe. I guess that is no longer safe. It has been up until this point though. Anyway he peed on all of my clothes that were up there, including my favorite sweatshirt and a new pair of pants. I washed them today, but I think the sweatshirt still smells like cat urine, which let me tell you, is NOT a pleasant smell. It's like bad B.O. and ammonia mixed together. Oh boy is it smelly. But enough about cat pee.

The point of this was supposed to be about not being able to sleep. So yeah. I can't sleep. I tried to read but my mind kept wandering and I found myself reading the same sentence multiple times. I gave up on that about 30 minutes ago. Then I spooned with Jack on the couch a little, but he got tired of that pretty fast. So now I'm just sitting here on the couch, blogging, being totally useless. Tomorrow is the show and I'm nervous. Nail-bitingly nervous. Really, really nervous. Thirsty and nervous. I could be more nervous though, because my eyelid isn't twitching. It'll probably start up tomorrow.

For some reason I just felt like eating cake. Not wanting to eat cake, but I felt like I was actually eating cake. Weird. It passed though. Now I'm just thirsty again. Thirsty and tired. But I can't sleep.

I wish I was a cat.

No comments: