Monday, February 23, 2009

Kafka on the Shore

Apparently I read a lot when I'm not in school.  I think all 4 or so months that I was in school I was reading the same book that my drawing teacher recommended... that I couldn't get into.  Then however long ago I finally finished it.. and I've read maybe 5 books since then.  I'd have to count.  Which I plan on  doing in a second. Ok.

List:

1. Snow Crash  (recommended by teacher... kind of sucked)
2. The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time
3. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
4. Bastard Out Of Carolina 
5. Fool

Ok so I have read 4 books after Snow Crash, and I'm on my 5th.  Which is Kafka On The Shore by the same dude as the Wind Up Bird Chronicle: Haruki Murakami.  I'm not that far into it yet, but so far it's good... real good.  

So yeah, I'm still in Arizona.  I leave tomorrow.  I found an apartment yesterday so I don't have to worry about that anymore.  Now all I have to worry about is transporting all my shit from one side of the country to the other.  There are some things that I won't need, so I can count them out.  Maybe I can sell them before I leave.  Oh but moving isn't the only thing I need to worry about. Also, I need to do my taxes.  ALSO, I need to set up a vet appointment for my cats so I can get them some kitty sedatives so they don't completely freak out on the long, long drive to Arizona.  What else... I need to talk to my landlord and make sure he's found someone to take over my apartment.  He said I don't need to worry about it though, so that's good. 

So I can worry about other things instead.   Nice.

No comments: