Tuesday, February 10, 2009

candy canes.

It is one fourteen in the a.m. - which apparently stands for the Latin "ante meridiem" - and I am eating my second candy cane of the night.  It's stale, and chewy, and old, but, it's a candy cane... so therefore it is delicious.  I acquired a box of 52 candy canes in Arizona at a Walgreens.  52 candy canes for 5 cents.  Yes, 5 cents.  I have so many fucking candy canes.  And right now I am eating my second one, because I want to.  Side note - I have only had one cavity in my life and it fell out with a baby tooth.  

Anyway, I finished The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle last night.  It was extremely good.  Since I haven't gotten around to going to a bookstore yet I just started reading a book I had.  One I had bought at a used bookstore a while ago, just because.  Probably because it was around 50 cents.  It's called Bastard out of Carolina and it's alright.  It's got everything, death, love, poverty, child abuse... what else could I ask for?  It's an easy read and I have a lot of time to kill.

A man came here today to give me an estimate for his company to move all my crap to Arizona.  2700 fucking dollars. Yeah right!  I'm thinking it would be easier to just sell/give away everything and just move with my necessities.  But I don't know about that.  I'm lucky with getting things used from people for free like couches and beds, and I feel like it would be harder to do that in a state where I don't know many people.  Also, I really like my couch.  It's a really good couch.  

Tomorrow, 60 degrees and I think mostly sunny.  Lots of skateboarding is going to happen.  

Lots. 

Back to reading about a bastard.

No comments: