Thursday, January 29, 2009

title

I finished the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.  It was sooooo good.  Also I finished it in like 2 or 3 days and that last book took months.  That last book sucked, a lot.  My next book?  I forgot the title, but it was a recommendation from a friend.  I hope it's good.  I have been reading a lot because I haven't been doing much else.  I should work until I move, but I physically can't wake up in the morning, which is shitty, and makes having a job impossible.  Atleast for now.  When it's not winter I can wake up fine.  

Fuck winter and snow and cold.  Except last night.  Last night was a good winter night... only because I had band practice very late, and I didn't get home until almost 2am.  After I drove around the neighborhood for a while trying to find a parking spot, I finally got one and parked.  It was really quiet outside and it was snowing a lot, and they hadn't plowed yet, so there was like 2 inches of snow on the roads and the sidewalk and it was really beautiful and silent and nobody else was around.  It made me want to run around... so I did.  I ran down the middle of the road and saw how far I could skid on my shoes in the snow.  It wasn't far, but I did it several times and it was fun.  Then I got to the sidewalk and it was untouched by footprints... so I ran around from side to side on the way to my apartment, making the occasional circle.  I like making footprints.  I like making footprints in the snow when it's late and quiet and nobody else is around and I can eat snowflakes.  I rarely have good moments in the snow, but this was one of them and it was pretty awesome.  I think snow is only good when it snows late at night.  

I have been making more pen drawings of people but I haven't scanned them yet.  I don't know how I feel about them either.  They're kind of shitty.  

So as I said before... I recycle now.  I bought a huge 18 gallon plastic container thing at Home Depot and I've been putting my recycling in there.  Then when it's full I can bring it over to the recycle place... which is by the Peggy something-or-other Nature Museum by the zoo.  It feels good to recycle.  

Also just now I have made a pact with myself.  This is that I'm going to not drink anymore until March 1st.  Atleast until then, maybe even further in time.  I think it'll be a good thing.  A very good thing.  An experiment, maybe.  Also I'm going to only listen to sad songs.  No, just kidding, that would be bad. 

Cactus update:  I think they're okay.  They don't seem to be getting any worse, even though they're also not getting better.  So that's good, I think.

I might be able to get out of my lease by before April 1st.  That would be neat.  I'm waiting to hear from my landlord, though.  Then I need to go find an apartment in Arizona, then come back here and start packing.  So I have a lot to do, and a lot to figure out.  It's stressful, but it's also exciting.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found the Zoe blog! In regards to recycling, there is a place way closer to you (to us!) off of Pulaski. I'll give you the 411 if you are interested...I'm totally going to stalk you now. Wait, is it stalking if the person knows about it? Anyways, Gnardog, Meep, Flash and Lilly say Hi. Especially Lilly... that chick never shuts up.