Friday, January 30, 2009

new insight into cats.

I have no idea why my cat pees on my couch.  He doesn't pee on the arm chair... and never has.  But nobody ever sits in the arm chair, except cats.  Anyway, the couch is still a mystery to me. HOWEVER, I might have some info about peeing on my bed.  First off, if I left my bedroom door open I'm almost positive that he would pee on my bed the first chance he got.  However that's not the case.  But I can go for long periods of time without him peeing on my bed while I'm asleep in it... since I leave the door open when I go to bed.  

So, anyway, I haven't been sleeping in my bed since I returned from Arizona on the 17th or so.  I don't know why, but I have been sleeping on the couch.  I think at first it was so Jack wouldn't pee on it, but then he peed on it when I wasn't on it.  Then I took off the slipcover and the water proof pads underneath it (at least I'm prepared) to wash it, and put the cushions in my bedroom where they would be safe from urine.  Then when I went to sleep I could just put a blanket on the naked shell of a couch and sleep there.  That evolved into me just bringing the seat cushions out of the bedroom when I went to sleep and putting them back when I got up.  He never peed on me while I slept on the couch.  But then for the last few days I've been sleeping in my bed.  The first two nights were fine, but then this morning I awoke to a familiar scratching of paw on blanket, the telltale sign of  'you just got peed on'.  With eyes still closed I reached around the bed just to make sure he had peed, and he had.  My hand touched a gross warm wet spot almost literally right next to me.  "God damnit Jack! What is your fucking problem!"  is all I could manage to say... then I just rolled over to the other side of the bed and went back to sleep... I would deal with washing blankets later, when I wasn't so tired and angry. 

Anyway, I think he did this because he decided it was time for me to wake up.  I had set my alarm for 8am, just to try to wake up, and I'm pretty sure he knew what it meant for the alarm to go off, for me to half-consciously turn it off , and go back to sleep.  Maybe he wanted love, maybe he wanted to make sure I wasn't dead and he knew getting peed on would evoke some kind of response from me.  Maybe it was because I had been carrying around my bag all day only to realize it smelled like fucking cat piss like halfway through the day, when I couldn't really do anything about it.  Maybe the smell rubbed off on my clothes.  Maybe I just don't care anymore and I'm doomed to be peed on forever.  Maybe I need to wake up earlier in the morning?  Maybe I need to murder my cat.  I'm doing laundry now.  I hope he doesnt pee on me tonight.

The good news is my building has it's own recycling trash bin thing.  I didn't notice until today when I was bringing out the trash.  I don't know if it's been there the whole time or if I just noticed it because I recycle now... but it's there... and I'm going to utilize it.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your cat is sick. You should call a vet. He/she may have diabetes or something.

Zoe said...

I've taken him to the vet for this numerous times, nothing is physically wrong with him. Which makes it even more frustrating.