Saturday, January 17, 2009

back home

I got back from Arizona this evening.  For some reason instead of taking 2 days to drive there and back, I took 3 days each way.  It's kind of an 8, 12, 8 hour-a-day thing.  The drive wasn't too terrible.  Especially on the way there... since I was excited to get out of the cold and snow.  The way back, however, was pretty frustrating.  Counting down the hours until I could just stop driving, but also not wanting it to end because that would mean I would be back home, in the snow.  Driving from cold into beautiful sunny weather is invigorating and awesome, but driving from nice weather to terrible weather is so insanely depressing.  I have been bored and biting my nails since I got home.  Chicago is a horrible place.

For the last 25 minutes I've been laying on my cushionless couch, upside down, looking at the ceiling and contemplating.  Contemplating why my cat loves to pee on my couch so much, but also wondering what it would be like if the floor was the ceiling and vice versa.  Also thinking about what I would have to do to get out of my lease and move to Arizona with an apartment full of crap and two temperamental cats.  I need to find someone to take over my lease I guess...  if that's possible.  I need to ask my landlord.  I need to get a plastic slipcover for my couch also, like an old person who's afraid of dust.  There's so much on my mind right now.  It's terrible.  I miss Arizona already.


2 comments:

steezy-steve said...

Dude AZ is sick! i went there last spring and boi was it fun. I miss it too. Paradise Valley is my favorite park there.

Colin Bayer said...

how much is your apartment?
i think it's too far for me...unfortunately ... but i may not be able to afford where i live for much longer...